Friday, May 6, 2011

Best things come in small packages

March, Spring, 2015, Eva Brooks is 26, Davon Christian is 22, Marcus and Oliver Brooks are both 17. Last update.






Photobucket
Eva is always on Davon's mind, but recently he's thoughts have been stuck on her 24/7, but in a good way. He's been searching the internet looking for an item, and was overjoyed when he was finally able to locate it. That was a month ago, and today the package finally arrived. He's very excited and can't wait to give it to Eva.





Photobucket
When she gets on later that evening, he tells her to shower and to put something casual on, he's taking her out for dinner.
Even though she's drop dead tired, a cooked meal by anyone else other than herself sould really good. Plus, she could use some quality time with Davon. They schedules have switched, she works mornings and afternoons now, along with being on-call. And Davon, he works the graveyard shift, 11 pm to 7 am. So seeing each other is a feat within itself.





Photobucket
Marcus and Oliver don't mind fending for themselves, they spend the majority of their time playing video games. So a night of playing games and pigging out on pizza sounds really good to the both of them!




Photobucket
And of course hanging out with Bri as well. She and Marcus are attached at the hip. Normally Oliver wouldn't mind her being over, but since Derek was born he values the time between him and his brother.
But all of Marcus' time and attention is focused on Bri once she visits. But to his credit, Oliver was the same way with Suni when they first started dating. Heck, they still are that way. So he'll give his brother some slack.





Photobucket
They visit a new strip mall that has just opened up, the restaurant there serves all kinds of food. Davon orders the fried chicken, and no surprise here, Eva gets the salad. She's always on him about his unhealthy eating habits.
"One day it's going to catch up to you."

Davon just laughs the overly embellishes enjoying a piece of his fried food. Eva laughs, punching him lightly on the arm.





Photobucket
Once dinner is finished up and the plates have been cleared away, Davon's nerves start to get the better of him. He's had this whole speech planned out in his head but when he opens his mouth, nothing comes out the way it was planned.
"I've been thinking about us, and where we are headed. You, know, since we've been together for a long time now..."





Photobucket
Eva snatches her hand away, quickly glancing down, she fights to stop the tears that threaten to spill.
"You're breaking up with me!?" She almost shrieks the statement.





Photobucket
"Oh, God, no! No! It came out wrong!"
Davon tries to explain, but he can see he's starting to lose her, she's no longer listening to him.





Photobucket
He quickly pulls out the little box he had order online and slides it across the table. Eva is a little surprised. She though he was going to dump her, but now she's faced with this tiny velvet box.
She sits, holding it in her hands, and stares at it.





Photobucket
"Ar... are you going to open it?" He asks, hesitantly.
And she does. The ring sits there, nestled in the blue satin fabric, gazing back at her.





Photobucket
Now he's really second guessing himself. Maybe he should have waited. Taken her someplace super fancy, where they could have gotten dressed up. A place that didn't serve fried chicken!




Photobucket
Eva pulls the ring out of the box and slips it onto her finger. It's a perfect fit! She looks over at Davon, tears still in her eyes - happy tears - and she nods her head.
That's all he needs to see. His heart feels as if it's about to burst.





Photobucket
They share in a toast and can't wait to share the wonderful news with Eva's brothers.




Photobucket
Marcus and Bri are having a little celebration of their own. Finally after months of convincing, Marcus has finally given in, not only to Bri's requests of taking their relationship to the next level, but also to his body's needs as well.




Photobucket
Once the awkwardness is out of the way and they actually "seal the deal", neither have any regrets. He feels kind of silly for holding out for so long.




Photobucket
Suni visits almost as much as she had before Derek was born. Everyone enjoys the visits with the baby. He's almost a month old and already getting so big!




Photobucket
Suni also visits hoping to change Oliver's mind about joining the armed forces. Oliver is so smart, he could go far with a college education. Why waste it on the military?




Photobucket
He's tired of the fighting. He doesn't want to be stuck behind some desk in a boring office, he wants to work with his hands, build fighter jets... maybe. Or at least protect his country and earn a pretty sweet pay doing it.




Photobucket
This does not please Suni. His desire to fight was fine when it was just the two of them, but now they have a child to worry about. What if she major war broke out and he was deployed. What if he died. Their son would never know his dad.
He thinks she's jumping the gun. He's not even enlisted yet, let alone going to fight in some made up war in her mind.





Photobucket
"Would you at least look into ROTC? You get your four year college education, plus you serve eight years in the military. It's the best of both worlds!" She explains.




Photobucket
Oliver agrees to look into the ROTC program. Not only to get Suni off his back, but if he's going to put his life on the line it would be nice to have them pay for his education. One, which he most likely never use, but none the same. This will make Suni happy.




Photobucket
And it does make Suni happy! And happy Suni equals a happy Oliver!




Photobucket
Eva is in love with Derek. She may deliver babies for a living, and she's seen some really cuties. But Derek is by far the most adorable baby she has ever seen. But she could be bias, he is her nephew after all.




Photobucket
And who knows, having such a love-able little one around has un-paused those "mommy" hormones. Maybe once she and Davon tie the knot, they can get to work on starting their own family.

***

Yay! Davon and Eva are finally engaged. I was waiting for one of them to roll the want. Not sure if I mentioned it, but Davon rolled the want soon after they moved in with Oliver and Marcus after Tyra and Thomas' deaths. Surprisingly enough, Eva didn't roll the want to even get married until after Davon asked her to. So now they both have the want locked to get married to each other!

Their wedding is set for the Spring of 2016. So not far off.

Neither have rolled the want to have a baby, but right after Suni and Derek left Davon and Eva hopped into bed and tried for baby on their own. She's on BC so no baby yet. I'll let them start actively trying after the wedding.

11 comments:

  1. Aw, yay! Congrats to Davon and Eva! :)

    And Derek really is a cutie. But I hope Marcus and Bri are being very careful with this next step in their relationship and don't end up with a baby of their own too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute engagement! And I agree, Marcus doesn't need to end up a father too! I can't wait to see these two get hitched :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shana, I'm so excited about their up coming marriage. I'm glad that Eva said yes. I was as nervous as Davon was! I'm almost 100% sure that nothing will happen with Marcus and Bri, but I was 100% sure with Oliver and Suni as well. Both of them were using Birth Control, but I guess it's all random.

    Mizz Gin, I really love Derek. I said I might cheat and age him up just to see who he looks like, but I think I'll wait until his birthday! No, Marcus doesn't need the added weight of being a dad. So here's to hoping BC actually works for him! I can't wait for the wedding either!

    Thanks for reading and commenting guys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, I bet that's the first proposal that's ever taken place in that diner and probably the last! It was very sweet though. I saw a movie recently where the guy was going to propose to his girlfriend and she took it the wrong way and thought he was dumping her. It didn't end so well in the movie but I'm glad Davon was able to smooth things over and get the result he was after.

    If I was a teen in your hood, I would be damn terrified to even consider having sex, lol! I guess hormones are powerful things!

    But I'm glad Suni got Oliver to consider ROTC. It sounds like a really good option for him.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Carla, Yes, it was the first propsal! If it will be the last, I'm not sure. LOL What movie was that, it sounds good? And you thought Davon was nervous! I was, I though Eva was going to reject him. I'm so glad things worked out!

    Hey, only three teen pregnancies out of all my teens so far. LOL I think that's okay. LOL Bri just wouldn't let that woohoo Marcus want roll away. I finally caved.

    I like the ROTC too, hopefully Marcus will lean towards that as well.

    Thanks for reading and commenting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was a terrible movie, actually! It was called After.Life, with Christina Ricci and Liam Neeson. I kept watching thinking "You guys can act! Why are you in this movie?!"

    I think it could have been good but it just got kind of ridiculous fairly early on and I could have driven a truck through the plot holes!

    And just in case anyone still wants to see it, after my stellar review, the part I mentioned is not too spoilery. It happens very early in the movie.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I watched that movie too. I was up one morning and couldn't sleep, found it on Demand, glad it was free. I watched it because of the actors in it, and like you, I kept waiting for it to get good. LOL It helped me get sleepy. Would I ever watching it again? No. Did the movie make sense? No. And I knew what was going to happen at the end. So predictable it wasn't even funny.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I totally get Marcus and Oliver - yay for video games and pizza! :D
    Btw, I really this story, so I'm following.
    Hoping you'll come and visit my blog
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad things worked out well for Davon! That would have sucked if she rejected him. Looking forward to their wedding, and like the others hope that Marcus and Bri don't end up with their own baby. Even if you've only had three, it seems like more! I can't explain why. I've only had three four, but mine is counting back to 2004 when I started my hood.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Diana, Welcome! Glad you are enjoying my little blog about my sims! I'll be more than happy to check out your blog as well. Thanks for commenting!

    Maisie, You and me both! I was really nervous that she was going to turn him down. Eva still surprises me to this day! If Marcus and Bri get knocked up I will scream. And play with the idea of exiting without saving. LOL Lets see, I started Riverdale back in 2007, and Vanya was my first and only teen for a long time to get pregnant. It tickles me though, that it seems all my "goody" "goody" girls are the ones falling pregnant.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats to Davon and Eva!

    It's smart for Oliver to look into ROTC. He'll get better pay if he goes into the service as an officer.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read and post! You guys are Awesome!