Sunday, December 7, 2008

Amos Cotton Simdays 36 - 40


Every since I met Nita Rich at a local store we have hit it off. We get along nicely and enjoy spending time together. I try to get with her as much as I can. And sometimes she brings her friend, Trisha Johnson along for a visit or two. I don't mind. She's nice company as well.

The thing is, I think we get along a little to well. I really like Nita but I'm to shy to move things along. I guess I'm afraid of rejection or something, I'm not sure. What if she's not into me the way I am into her? I think that's what's truly holding me back.

My brother told me I should just grab her and kiss her. But I don't work like that. He may be all in your face but I'm not. I like the idea of a romance. And I want her to feel the same way about me.


While my brother was out on another one of his "dates" I decided to spend the extra time to get coughed up on a mystery novel that I am reading.

Unlike some other Cotton I like to spend my pass time diving into a good book. It clears my mind and I can think on things.



After reading I decided to excise so I got chanced and turned on the TV. Well it started to spit out smoke so I decided to fix it. Not a good idea. I guess I forgot to unplug the thing first, the next thing I knew I was black as night and really needing a bath. Rupert had gotten home between me getting fried and waking up on the ground. He was really shaken up by the possibility that I could have died. I reassured him that I was alright then headed to the bathroom.



Jessica Picaso ran down and laughed at me. I'm glad she was so amused by my recent brush with death.


Rupert wasted no time in comforting himself with almost loosing me. I guess his date didn't put out so he called him new standby, Sharla Ottamas. I think he's actually found his match in that woman.

And for a guy who isn't getting any I sure do see a lot of naked ladies.



And more of my brother. Things that I haven't seen since we were kids. "Dude, put that way!" I tell him before glaceing back down at my book. He only laughs then heads for the bathroom.



He blows me off a lot of the time, but his lifestyle is bothersome. Well to me at least. He doesn't care, he's young, good looking, and having the time of his life. But eventually all this womanizing is going to come back and bit him in the butt. I just know it. I can feel it. I mean, he's messing with two women living in this building. He's sleeping with his boss, though he says they aren't anymore.

He's also messing with poor Anya Kent, and not to mention some other females from town and the mail lady. *sigh* I don't know how to get through to him. These are the times I wish our parents were still alive. Dad would be able to talk so sense into him.



I call Nita just to hear her voice but she could tell something was wrong. She rushed right over. (She lives right across the street). And I told her everything, about the electrocution, my fears over my brother, and how I felt about her.

She only stared at me for a for seconds before leaning over and kissing me oh so lightly.

I was in shock, granted, it wasn't the kiss to end all kisses, but I wasn't expecting that. We sat outside for an hour just holding each others hand and watching the cars as they drove by.




The next morning me and Rupert had words, he stormed out of the house mad. There was nothing I could do. I simply told him how I felt and that I wanted his wild ways to end. I am the older brother, he could do to respect me a little.

I guess he called Sharla since she came up to me asking me not to be angry with my brother. I explained my side to her and she smiled. She assured me that she could understand where we both were coming, but that I needed to understand that though me and Rupert are brothers we weren't cut from the same cloth.

He's still young, sowing his wild oats, but he would eventually calm down and become the young man our mother expected both of us to be.

I guess she was right. I don't know. All I know is time will tell. I just hope he changes before anything happens.

But I don't have time to worry about him. There's something blossoming between Nita and I and I can't wait to see where it leads us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read and post! You guys are Awesome!