Thursday, October 23, 2008

Jodie Burrego Sim Days 36 - 40

Our family vacation to Takamizu Village. We all had a blast!



Zac the girls and I ended up going on vacation to the far East. I had completely forgotten that we had booked this trip when the twins were still little. I know, I should have made note of it, but it slipped my mind. So when my parents sent word that they would be coming to visit us during spring I started to panic. Sadly, I had to explain about the vacation plans. My mom was really understanding, told me that it was okay, and that they would come see us when we returned.

So once we got back I called them letting them know we were home. They hopped on the first flight out. I was starting to feel extremly tired due to the fact that I was expecting out third, and some in our family said our third and fourth (since I had twins), child soon. I wanted Zac to get them but he had to work so I went to pick up my parents instead.

Riverdale still doesn't have a local airport, but we have a metro station the has a coonectioning trip to and from Sim City's airport. So I drove downtown to the Metro station to pick up my folks.

My dad was the first to spot me and scooped me up into a tight embrace. It felt soooooo good. I haven't seen my mom or dad since I immigrated to Riverdale way back when. What was that sim day 6??? Not to sure, can't remember the dates now. That's one side effect I wasn't expecting from having children, memory lose, lol. I forget the smallest things sometimes. *sigh* So anywho. We collected my mom, who commented on my hair. She really liked it. She was hoping that I'd grow my hair out, lol.

After finding my mom and their luggage we headed to my jeep and back to the burbs and to our home. (I also did a mad dash and redid Zayllia's old bedroom into a guest bedroom. The paint is dry but you can still smell it. Hope the parents don't mind it to much!)

While the girls were still at school the four of us sat down to breakfast. I happily explained to my parents that my cooking skills have improved greatly. To my surprise, everyone agreed! (Zac ahd no choice, he has to agree with everthing I say, lol Just kidding)


After we ate and cleared away the dishes Zac took them on a small tour of the huse. I mean, it's a lovley home, but not that big. We have a livingroom, which is open to the dinning room, and a nice sized kitchen, three bedrooms and two bath. My mom loved the house though. She said that it was beautiful, and perfect for our growing family. (They also loved the guest bedroom, which will soon be converted to the nursery.)



Once the girls got home they hugged their grandparents. Everyone took pictures of the them. Both mom and dad couldn't get over how big the girls had gotten. It feels like only yesterday they were born, then they were walking, and now, they will soon be off to college. *sigh* I try not to think about it. Now I know how my parents must have felt when us girls went off to college, then moved out on our own. It's a bit sad.


But on a happier note. After all the homework was done we went down to the local bowling alley and played a few games. We had a blast. Ariel got a little too involved in her game. I'm pleased to say that she didn't get hurt when she fell. Her ego may have been brused but nothing else. Teenagers, lol.


The next day we took mom and dad to Cafe Mode for lunch. Zac was able to take the day off. We also visited one of the local parks (we only have three) as well as the local movie plex.


We tried to keep them busy. I wanted their time with us to be fun and make lots of good memories. But I guess I had a bit too much fun since my water broke after the movie.

Zac loaded us all up into the jeep and sped to the hospital. I'm just happy he didn't get a speeding ticket as fast as he was going, lol. But I guess it was for a good cause. Though, I wasn't in much pain and my labor hardly started.



Dr. Snowden was pagaged and she came into my room, giving me an ultrasound, seeing if the baby was in postition for delievery. He was. (oops I just gave away the sex!)



It's great to have a doctor who is expecting too! I think Taffy is due anyday now as well. The mayor's family sure is growing!



Soon after she finished up the ultrasound my labor did start and little Fyodor was born. He's perfect in everyway. Don't tell Zac, but I think he looks like me! Mom and dad sure did have a memorable time with us! I'm so glad that they were here for the birth of our son. He even has my blue eyes.


They spent one more day with us before having to return back to Apple Valley. It was sad seeing them go. I really do miss my family, but at least we get to start our own legacy here in Riverdale.


I spent some time in the backyard trying to contact alines. Yes, yes, I know this sounds strange. But other hoods have reported strange like creatures visiting them from outer space. Even in Simmerville there is a green sim living there, his son, is green and blue! For me this is exciting news. I believe that life does exist out there, above us. And I hope to prove it oneday to the residences here. I hope to be the first to make contact. But this is still a dream. Nothing happened that night.



Before going to bed I decided to ckeck on the kids and I guess, just reflect. I think Zac and I have done a pretty good job raising our kids. Our girls have their heads on straight, they aren't boy crazy like some children. They enjoy their education, and are involved in many extra curricular activies in learning. Who knows, maybe they will be able to join Fensa one day.

And to my surprise I am expecting baby number four. So in some sense my sister Joli wasn't worng, lol.


Jodie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read and post! You guys are Awesome!